June 29, 2019 9:00 am
The 29th annual Dog-A-Thon is one of Tacoma and Pierce County’s largest dog-friendly events of the year, and all proceeds benefit The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County. This event combines the fun and excitement of a festival atmosphere with the spirited fundraising power of a walk. Through this community celebration of pets and the people who love them, we promote positive, healthy activities with your dog and increase awareness of our initiatives in our community and beyond. Funds raised through Dog-A-Thon supports our critical, lifesaving programs that allow us to care for over 10,000 pets each year.
- A 1-Mile scenic (and flat) dog-friendly walk around Waughop Lake
- Animal demonstrations and educational activities
- Vendor and information booths from a variety of businesses
- Food vendors and much more!
When: Saturday, June 29th, 2019 from 9 am to 2 pm
Where: Fort Steilacoom Park, 8717 87th Ave SW, Lakewood, WA
Important Note: Dogs must be on-leash at all times!!
Schedule of Events:
- 9 a.m. – Registration and Vendor Village
- 9:45 a.m. – Announcements
- 10 a.m. — Walk for Pets in Need begins
- 10:45 a.m. — Dog Activities and Vendor Village continues until 2 pm
Adults (ages 18+)
Early Bird: $15
May 1 – June 28: $25
Children (ages 17 and under)
Early Bird: $5
May 1 – June 28: $10
All registered participants will receive a 2019 Dog-A-Thon T-shirt! Once you raise $25 or more for pets in need, you also qualify for a dog bandana!
T-Shirts and bandanas can be picked up the morning of the event from the Registration tent.More Info