98.9 THE BULL – FIRST RESPONDER SHOUT OUT SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules
NEW 98.9 THE BULL – FIRST RESPONDER SHOUT OUT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility – The New 98.9 The Bull – First Responder Shout Out Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners 18 years or older and residents of Washington and reside within the New 98.9 The Bull regular listening/broadcast area to be eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006 (“Sponsor”), T-Mobile USA, Inc. (“Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on October 20, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 27, 2020 at or about 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, visit www.989bull.com (“Website”) click on the Contest page link, to find, complete and submit the online entry form, which includes telling Sponsor in 150 words or less about your favorite first responder (“Shout Out”) (Please Note: Shout Outs may be read on-air and posted on Sponsor’s Website), to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on October 27, 2020 to be entered into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Any entry that doesn’t contain a Shout Out will be disqualified and that entry attempt will not be eligible for the random drawing. Entrants cannot write a Shout Out about themselves. Any Shout Out that is referencing the same person as the entrant will be disqualified.
Limit: one (1) entry per person/email address during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Anyone attempting to get more than one (1) entry may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period, to be conducted by Sponsor on or about October 28, 2020. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone/email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make 2 attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached by Sponsor after 2 attempts, he/she forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value: One (1) Grand Prize – A Samsung GS20 5G, one-year of T-Mobile service and a $500.00 Visa Gift Card. ARV: $2,300.38. Grand Prize winner must enter into a written and binding contract with T-Mobile as a condition of receiving the Grand Prize. The Gift Card is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the Card. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash and may not be substituted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any reason. PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize winner is the entrant who submitted the winning entry and not the first responder featured in the Shout Out.
Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities. The Grand Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
- Claiming a Prize: In order to collect the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must provide his or her mailing address to Sponsor, along with the Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), in the timeframe set forth by Sponsor. Upon receipt of the mailing address, and Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), Sponsor will mail the Grand Prize to that winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner fails to verify their address or any required documents within the timeframe provided by Sponsor, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until July 11, 2020. For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by February 4, 2020 to: New 98.9 First Responder Shout Out Sweepstakes Winner, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.