98.9 The Bull – “The Switch Is On” Contest Official Rules
98.9 The Bull – “The Switch Is On” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: 9 The Bull “The Switch Is On” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to listeners 18 years or older and residents Washington to be eligible to win. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New Country 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006 (the “Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest runs WEEKDAYS ONLY (Mon-Fri) and begins on November 9, 2020 at or about 5:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on November 20, 2020 at or about 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: How to Enter: This is a listen-to-win Contest. To play the Contest, listeners need to listen for the The Switch Is On Phrase sounder (“Sounder”), which will be played each weekday (Mon-Fri) between 5:00 AM PT and 11:59:59 PM PT during the Contest Period. Each time the Sounder is played will be hereinafter referred to as a “Play Period.” When a listener hears the Sounder and is the 12th caller who reaches the Station by calling 833-822-2855, and correctly recites the The Switch Is On Phrase in its entirety, they will be deemed a winner for that Play Period. The Switch Is On Phrase is: “The switch is on to the All New 98.9 The Bull, #1 for New Country” (please note: saying “98 9” or “98 point 9” will both be deemed correct for purposes of this Contest). If, however, the designated caller does not correctly answer the Switch Is On Phrase in its entirely, he/she will not be a winner. If the first caller in any Play Period is not a winner, the Station will play the Switch Is On Phrase sounder again and will take the next designated caller who reaches the Station. If that next caller correctly recites the Switch Is On Phrase in its entirety, he/she will be deemed a winner. If, however, that caller does not correctly answer the Switch Is On Phrase in its entirety correctly, he/she will not be a winner. If the second caller is not a winner, the Station will play the Sounder again and take the next designated caller who reaches the Station. If that third designated caller correctly recites the Switch Is On Phrase in its entirety, he/she will be deemed a winner. If, however, that third caller does not correctly answer the Switch Is On Phrase in its entirety correctly, he/she will not be a winner. This process will continue until there is a winner for that Play Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners calling after a Sounder is played. Limit one (1) winner per person/household.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Contest. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Contest.
Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Fifteen (15) Grand Prizes (One (1) per Play Period) – A Nintendo Switch gaming console. ARV: $299.00. All warranties and guarantees are subject to the manufacturer’s warranties and guarantees.
Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Grand Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility. The winner is responsible for applicable taxes and fees. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. The winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
Grand Prize winner and guests will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) and W9 prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing.
- Claiming the Grand Prize: In order to collect the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must provide his or her mailing address to Sponsor, along with the Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), in the timeframe set forth by Sponsor. Upon receipt of the mailing address, and Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), Sponsor will mail the Grand Prize to that winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner fails to verify their address or any required documents within the timeframe provided by Sponsor, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winners’ List: For a copy of these Official Rules, go to 989bull.com. For the names of the Prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 30, 2020, to: 98.9 The Bull “The Switch Is On” Winners, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington,
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station 9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.