98.9 The Bull – Words That Win – VOICE Season 21 Premiere Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: 9 The Bull “Words That Win – VOICE Season 21 Premiere” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners 18 years or older and residents Washington to be eligible to win. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006 (the “Sponsor”), NBCUniversal Media, LLC, NBC Entertainment, a Division of NBC West, LLC, KING 5, Big Top Marketing & Promotions, Hubbard Radio, LLC are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 13, 2021 at or about 12:00:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 20, 2021 at or about 7:00:00 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, listen to 98.9 The Bull every hour during the Sweepstakes Period for the Word That Wins VOICE Season 21 Premiere word/name to be announced on-air (each, a “Word That Wins”). Then, open the 98.9 The Bull stream player available online at 989bull.com or through the 98.9 The Bull mobile app (collectively, the “App”), find the Prize Details page and compete and submit the App entry Form by entering the correct Word that Wins. Please note: you must be registered through the App to be eligible to enter. You will have until the top of each hour, beginning when each Word That Wins is announced on-air to enter the correct Word That Wins through the App in order to be a valid entry and eligible entry. Only entries with the proper Word That Wins will be counted as a valid entry. Limit of one (1) entry per hour per Word That Wins. All entries must be received before the next hour begins from the time the Word That Wins is announced to be eligible for the random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete entries, including misspelled Words That Wins. Note that webcasts of Sponsor’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes.
- How the Grand Prize Winner Is Selected: Then, on or about September 21, 2021, Sponsor will randomly select three (3) Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received. Odds of becoming the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will notify each potential Grand Prize winner by telephone, email or push notification through the App, on or about the day immediately following the day they are selected as a Grand Prize winner, and will make up to two (2) attempts to reach a potential Grand Prize winner. In the event Sponsor is unable to reach a potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, he/she will forfeit their right to be the Grand Prize winner and to receive the Grand Prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – Three (3) Grand Prizes –A $1000.00 American Express Gift Card. ARV: $1,000.00 each. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions printed on the card.
The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. The winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize.
The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release and a W9 tax form (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities. Sponsor may substitute any Prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Claiming the Grand Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named the official an official Grand Prize winner, if requested by Sponsor, the potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at the 98.9 The Bull Studios at 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Monday – Friday) within 30 days of winner verification. Failure to comply with any deadline set forth in these official rules shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a Prize. If required by Sponsor, a winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winners’ List: For a copy of these Official Rules, go to 989bull.com. For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by September 24, 2021, to: KNUC 98.9 The Bull Words that Win VOICE Season 21 Premiere Sweepstakes Winner, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station 9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.
Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station 98.9 The Bull is the sole Sponsor of the Sweepstakes. NBC Entertainment, a division of NBC West, LLC and NBCUniversal Media, LLC are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes and are not associated with the administration of the Sweepstakes in any way. Entrants are providing information to sponsors and not to NBC Entertainment, a division of NBC West, LLC and NBCUniversal Media, LLC.