NEW COUNTRY 98.9 THE BULL – FITZ’S TRUCKER TUITION CONTEST Official Rules
NEW COUNTRY 98.9 THE BULL – FITZ’S TRUCKER TUITION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The New Country 98.9 The Bull – Fitz’s Trucker Tuition Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents of Washington. Winners must not have history of drug use in the prior 90 days to entering. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New Country 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest shall begin on Monday, October 19th at 6:00:00AM and ends on Thursday, October 28th at 8:59:00AM (“Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter this Contest, you must download the 98.9 The Bull App from your app store. Once you have the app downloaded you must open the app menu, select “The Bull Horn” and submit a :30 audio clip explaining why you need your Trucker Tuition paid. Audio MUST include your Full Name, Phone Number and City of Residence to be considered an eligible entry. Entries will be accepted beginning at 6:00:00AM on Monday, October 19th. All eligible entries MUST be submitted no later than 8:59:00AM on Thursday, October 28th.
The CDL Training course is a 100% Drug Free Program. If Taylor Driving School deems winner ineligible due to drug use in the past 90 days, winner will forfeit prize.
- How to win/Judging Criteria: Sponsor will judge all qualifying audio submitted via “The Bull Horn” based on the following judging criteria and percentages: 50% Emotional Need, 50% meets the submission requirements of including full name, phone number and city of residence. The audio submission with the highest percentage will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the eligible submission with the highest score in the creativity of their Comment criteria from among all tying qualifying audio will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. Upon determining the Grand Prize winner, Sponsor will send that potential Grand Prize winner an email. The potential Grand Prize winner must respond to that email within three ONE business day of Sponsor sending the email. If the potential Grand Prize winner fails to respond to the Message within ONE business day, that person will forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize, and the next highest scoring submission will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. This process will continue until a Grand Prize winner responds to the email within one business day of Sponsor sending it. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize in the event Sponsor is unable to confirm a winner before November 4th, 2020.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) –ONE (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on the judging criteria set forth above to receive: ONE (1) CDL Training Course provided by Taylor Driving School. Approximate retail value of prize is $ 4,285.00.
Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No substitution allowed by winners, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason.
The winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 4 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winners will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for the Grand Prize.
- Claiming the Prizes: Upon winner verification, the potential winner will claim his/her prize in person immediately upon being named the winner at the concert or event venue.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these official rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Fitz’s Trucker Tuition winners/rules (designate which), 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington,
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New Country 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006.