The New 98.9 The Bull – Live Free For a Month Contest Contest Official Rules
The New 98.9 The Bull – Live Free For a Month Contest
Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The New 98.9 The Bull Live Free For a Month Contest (the “Contest“) is open only to listeners 18 years or older and residents of Washington and reside within the New 98.9 The Bull regular listening/broadcast area to be eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station New 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite 550, Bellevue, Washington, 98006 (“Sponsor”), Big Machine Label Group (“Prize Provider”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Prize Provider, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on August 24, 2020 at 5:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends at 9:00:00 AM PT on September 4, 2020 (“Contest Period”).
- How to Enter the Contest: To enter the Contest, visit 989bull.com during the Contest Period, find the Contest mention, and complete and submit the online entry form, including providing an essay of up to 500 words explaining why you deserve to be named the Grand Prize winner in the Contest.
- How to Win/Judging Criteria: Then, on or about September 4, 2020 after 9:00 AM PT, each entry will be judged using the following judging criteria and percentages: the degree of need as depicted in the essay (80%); creativity in the essay (20%) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). The entry with the highest overall score using the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the degree of need as depicted in the essay category will be deemed the winner from among all tying entries. The entrant who is selected as a potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about September 4, 2020. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempt to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event Sponsor is unable to reach the potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize, and the next highest scoring entry using the Judging Criteria will be the alternate potential Grand Prize winner.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – Prize Provider will pay one (1) month’s mortgage or rent up to $1,000.00, directly to the Grand Prize winner’s mortgage lender (for a mortgage) or landlord (for a lease/rental). ARV: Up to $1,000.00. Mortgage or lease/rental agreement must be in Grand Prize winner’s name and the payee must accept payment from Big Machine Label Group directly to make the payment on behalf of the Grand Prize winner. Cash will NOT be awarded. Grand Prize winner will receive no more than $1,000.00 and in the event the mortgage payment or rental payment falls under the $1,000.00 maximum allowable threshold, no cash back will be awarded. In the event the mortgage payment or rental payment exceeds the $1,000.00 maximum allowable threshold, the Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible to pay any excess amounts due for that month. Winner must provide a photocopy/email/scan of the mortgage/rent bill due he or she wishes to be paid as their prize as a requirement to receiving the Grand Prize. No original bills will be accepted. Anyone submitting an original bill will automatically be disqualified and an alternate winner will be provided. The mortgage/rent bill must contain a physical or mailing address on the bill and an account number may be required in order for the winner to receive his or her Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner will be required to work with Big Machine Label Group to set up or schedule the payment of the mortgage/rent.
Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Grand Prize is the Winner’s sole responsibility. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, and complete a W9 tax form. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
- Claiming the Prize: In order to collect the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must verify their mailing address with Sponsor within ten (10) days of winning the Grand Prize, and then Sponsor will work with the Grand Prize winner to connect him or her to the Prize Provider to schedule the bill pay. In the event he potential Grand Prize winner fails to verify their address within the ten (10) day period, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate will be randomly selected. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules and the name of the winner, see Sponsor’s Website until October 4, 2020.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station The New 98.9 The Bull, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA, 98006.